EMMY AWARD-WINNING Anchor/Reporter/Producer and Entrepreneur with 17 years of on-camera experience on national television and online. She helped to revolutionize the world of online video journalism as a pioneer of digital video content post dot.com boom and beyond. Through dedicated hard work and giving back to the communities in which she reported on, she was also awarded the Governor’s medallion for extraordinary service to the broadcast industry. Her career has given her journalistic breadth ranging from local news to meteorology, sports and business with a focus on tech.
Kym’s tenure at Forbes solidified her beat in business and has developed her into an extremely well connected industry expert. Kym’s passion and expertise for the tech world has poised her for her most recent endeavors as an Executive Consultant to established industry leaders, Executive Advisor for Startups, On-air Career/ Technology Expert, Executive Director of the Extreme Tech Challenge ( www.extremtechchallenge.com ) and Entrepreneur as Founder/Chairman of Kymerview.
Highlights of her broadcasting career:
- Kym shook up the industry by helping to build five video departments for large influential publications that shaped the online video journalism industry.
- Journalist at Forbes Magazine, interviewing the who’s who in tech, Hollywood, Capitol Hill, and sports: Facebook’s Sean Parker and Sir Richard Branson to Jay Leno and Jerry Rice.
- Fox News Channel contributor Saturday mornings on “Forbes On Fox”.
- First web-centric finance/tech focused female video reporter at forefront of emergence of online entertainment.
- First online video reporter accepted into Capital Press Corp in Sacramento.
- First Female Sports Director/Anchor/Reporter in San Francisco Bay Area
- First woman in SF Bay Area to host a racing show covering Nascar, IndyCar, and AMA Superbike
- First online technology video reporter at a traditional publication to receive an Emmy in NATAS, Northern California Chapter.
Extreme Tech Challenge
Executive Director & Emcee of the world’s largest startup competition with Sir Richard Branson and other celebrity judges. More than 3,000 companies have applied over the last two years giving me the pulse of innovation globally.
Host of a weekly technology series on KPIX 5 in the San Francisco Bay Area. We feature the coolest tech companies in Silicon Valley. They take an innovative approach to capture these stories with a selfie stick and the iPhone’s HD video camera.
For nearly five years Kym wrote for the magazine, helped build the west coast video department from scratch and covered the latest in business in technology, entrepreneurship, innovation, the stock market, sports, and celebrities.
Technology: Pandora’s Tim Westergren
Founder of the online radio network defends his turf with increasing competition.